Tuesday, May 18, 2010


My university roommate recently competed her very first fitness competition. Many of my colleagues are competing in marathons. This has brought about a self-realization that I’m not giving fitness the high priority I used to. My last half marathon was in 2004. I am using motherhood as an excuse not to take it to the next level.
I am proud to say that I worked out daily until I delivered both of my children (albeit in the 38th week with baby #2 it was more of a waddle than a power-walk). I have lost all my baby weight (and than some) but unfortunately this is due more to working mom stress than to strenuous workouts. During both of my year long maternity leaves I ended up using jogging as my main exercise (and reason for leaving the house for much needed breaks from the babes). Upon returning to the world of work I have discovered a new fitness love: Spinning!

But what happened to my competitive spirit? What happened to my fitness goal setting? It’s definitely time to get back in the game so to speak.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I’ll just commit a goal of setting a goal by the end of summer J After all having time to hug my kids are definitely higher priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment