Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beach Bonanza


Call me crazy...but my mama guilt finally get the better of me and I managed to wrangle a vacation day off work to go on a field trip with my son's preschool class.
This time the daycare boarded the bus to take us to an indoor beach volleyball centre. Although a couple of beach balls did randomly make their ways over the net it was mostly just a trip for the kiddies to play in the MASSIVE sandpit. The best part was there was no constant worry of water or reapplication of sunscreen.
It was interesting for me to view the daycare dynamic as my days are filled with analytical adults.
I enjoyed watching the good cop/bad cop exchange between the caregivers and their charges. What was eye-opening for me was the appalling behaviour of 2 of the children. The kids sat in "time out" more times than I can count for throwing sand or running away. While the kids did sit in time out it seemed to do little to change their behaviour.
The best part of the day was that my son was just so unbelievably happy to have me there. I know that time is running out with regards to him wanting to have me around so I am grabbing them while I can. Now if only I could get rid of all of this sand in my hair:)

No comments:

Post a Comment