Wednesday, June 2, 2010


So I went to my first wedding in 5 years were I wasn't pregnant or breastfeeding and I honestly didn't think of my children once! The wedding was at a Muskoka resort and the weather couldn't have been any better. For a change I knew the majority of the guests in attendance and some of my close friends I hadn't seen in awhile were there.
I felt like I was in my single days again! No child to ensure doesn't fall inadvertantly into the lake, no watching the clock to stay on schedule, no trying to convince someone to eat their veggies. I haven't felt so relaxed in a long time (maybe the cocktails helped). I was completely surprised that I allowed myself to live in the moment. I wouldn't classify myself as an anxious parent but they are definetly in the back of my mind 100 percent of the time. Wonder what changed on this one wonderful weekend away? Hope it happens again if hubby and I ever get a chance to get away again.
The best part is coming home and seeing your kids super excited to see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment